Before starting to talk about SEO for small businesses, keep in mind that it is approximately 90% similar to large ones. In this article, we’ll focus on the remaining 10%, the things a small business has to do differently due to a lack of resources or brand power.
7 Keys to Improving SEO for Small Businesses
Currently, we see that digital entrepreneurship is increasing, and with it, more companies want to have better results being on the Internet. For this reason, there are new digital marketing tools for SMEs , such as SEO for small companies , which seek to boost their sales, attract customers, etc.
If you want to start improving web positioning , it is necessary to take into account the steps of digital marketing for your company , because the competition is extremely high. In addition, it is important to establish and define our digital strategies. So if you are a small business, this article can help you a lot.
1. Have SEO specialists
If you want to increase your SEO positioning for your small business, you have two options: have a small communications or marketing department within your business, or hire the services of a Digital Marketing agency where an SEO specialist helps you reach your target audiences.
2. Optimize your website
First, you should know that your business needs to have a website, remember that it is like your business card in front of your visitors. Therefore, you must optimize the website , and if in case you need ecommerce, this may increase sales. In addition, to improve your positioning strategies, it is advisable to create a blog for your company .
In addition, it is important that your website is seen on any device, as there are more people who make purchases through their cell phones.
3. Find the right keywords
It is necessary to know how your customers think, and how they will search for you on the Internet. Therefore, it is important to perform a thorough search of the keywords to achieve SEO for small businesses. To do this, you can use tools like Google’s Keyword Planner and SemRush.
4. Create quality content
One of the factors that helps in SEO positioning for small businesses is to generate quality content in your Content Marketing strategy, because it will increase web traffic. Therefore, you must find keywords to position, and when the article is written on the blog, it must be entertaining in view of your visitors.
5. Works with Google Analytics and Search Console
If you want to see how the SEO performance of your website is going, you must implement Google Analytics and Search Console in your strategy, two free tools that Google offers you to control what happens on your website. On the one hand, you will be able to have an analysis of the visits to your page, and on the other, you will know the indexing status.
6. Take into account a Linkbuilding strategy
If you want to improve SEO positioning for small businesses, you can start by exchanging links with another website, because for Google it is important that other pages give credibility to yours. This is called a Linkbuilding strategy.
7. Be consistent in SEO On Page
One of the most common SEO mistakes is to think that once you are positioned in the search engines, you should stop being constant with it. Remember that web positioning is a process, and it requires being attentive to updates, of the content uploaded to the blog, the optimization of these, among other actions that will improve your SEO.